Monday, February 7, 2011

Another Thank You

Below is part of an email that Sue received Feb 1, 2011. We hope this reminds you all of the lives you touch by being part of this project, and provides the inspiration to continue.

Hi my name is SSgt J--. I am currently assigned to the Air Evacuation Flight at Bagram AB, Afghanistan. I am normally assigned to the 34 Aeromedical Evacuation Squadron at Peterson AFB, CO. I am one of the flight Medics that goes around picking up our soldiers and taking them to where they can receive better care. Usually Germany and then back home to the States. I am not sure if you are familiar with our mission.

The reason I am writing this is to let you know that I pass out your quilts. I look forward to it, each and every flight, my team reserves them for our combat injured troops. The other day I flew a mission and there was a young man who had been in an IED blast and was injured. While he was laying on his stretcher, he was holding a picture of his wife and child. I went over to him, gave him his quilt and told him that this was made for him by a lot of people back in the states that cared about him. He clutched it tightly along with his picture for the rest of his flight.

This story is (one) of many that I get to witness. I find this all very touching and yet another privilege I get in addition to helping these young soldiers who have given so much.

---With much admiration and appreciation for what you do.
Sincerely, SSgt M J

Thanks, everyone, for helping us with this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment